Thursday, November 28, 2013

I’m The ‘Olele’ Of Hiplife – Reggie Rockstone Prepares For Back In The Day

Reggie Rockstone, the godfather, pioneer and originator of the hip-life genre in Ghana has confirmed to NEWS-ONE he would once again be rocking the stage to entertain guests at the ‘Back In The Day’ concert slated for the Accra International Conference Centre on Friday December 6. “I mean yeah it’s been forever since I last performed on stage but the name of the concert says it all ‘Back In The Day’ and the fact that Bola Ray is my friend and we are also having Naughty By Nature, back in the days legend, represent live in my home country, I’ve got to be there. I’ve known these guys since way back and the nature of the concert just tells it all why I would be there,” Rockstone told NEWS-ONE.
Rockstone made the “I am the Olele of Hip-life” comment when NEWS-ONE reminded him how long he has been doing music and asked whether he could still hold his own as the electrifying and firebrand performer he proved to be over a decade and a half ago.
He explained further: “You see good music never dies. That is the difference between selling food and selling music. That’s why I tell the young ones to put a lot of good ingredients in the songs they do so it turns out good and stays around for a long time or forever.
“Honestly I must confess I am not really going to the concert as a performer although I would be performing and all that. I am MC for the show and would be dropping my performances in between and all this gives me some nostalgic memories and feelings.”
Also on the bill for the night would be Obrafour and Reggie Rockstone

No comments:

Post a Comment